Cant delete or transfer

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you please just answer the question
The simple question is HOW are those disks/drives configured
Are you saying that you actually have 20 or whatever the number is separate physical drives as against for instance 10 or whatever actual drives some with separate lettered partitions.
and are all the separate drives powered only by USB or do some of them ha\ve their own power source and is the hub powered or usb only

Also
then that needs further examination, if it still has McAfee on it, that MAY be a starting point
does it please have McAfee as the AV

When I know that, we can then start to analyse the problem - of file explorer and move/delete etc

londo

The drives are only powered by by the hub. I'm using Norton for AV.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers and are you saying please
that you actually have 20 or whatever the number is separate physical drives as against for instance 10 or whatever actual drives some with separate lettered partitions.
Norton is a reasonable suspect and this I think confirms that those many drives - albeit we do NOT YET KNOW how many actual drives is unsuitable for the system
I've restarted without the external drives. It won't shut down when they're attached.

The first step in my opinion is to uninstall Norton, I presume you can reinstall as the computer came with McAfee trial
so you must have bought Norton

If you agree to this course of action I will be most pleased to pursue the trouble shooting but while Norton is installed I consider it a rather pointless exercise.

Also if you have NOT uninstalled McAfee even if you did not activate the trial that came with the HP then is necessary.

Please answer the actual physical drive number - what other USB devices are attached and indicate if you are willing to proceed as mentioned

londo

I'm still having troubles with my File Explorer program. I can't close it without restarting the whole computer.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please read my post 18 and asnwer the questions
Your post 19 or 21 do not address the queries

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

Couriant

James
The only question is how can you connect ALL those drives. I mean, we are talking about PC, ok you have like 10 free USB slots, ok you use splitters to connect 2 drives to one slot. It's still impossible to connect all of your drives. Like HOW?
External hard drives that are partitioned as such for one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online