1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't delete Outlook 2000 folders

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by stevef919, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevef919

stevef919 Thread Starter

I am in the process of converting from Eudora to Outlook. I imported my email from Eudora to Outlook Express, then to Outlook 2000 to preserve the timestamps. I want to delete some of the folders that contain old email. First I archived them to individual pst folders. However, I can't move or delete the folders....any folder. Whether I right click on a folder or use the File menu, the move and delete options are greyed out. What gives? How do I get rid of unwanted folders?

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I'm not sure I understand what files you are trying to delete, is it the pst files?

3. SupportChic

SupportChic

Just a thought...are the folder properties set as 'Read Only'?

4. stevef919

stevef919 Thread Starter

I'm trying to delete some personal folders in Outlook. These are the folders that show on the left side when you select 'folder list' from the View menu. I don't know how you would set these to read only. A right click...properties does not have anything in the window about read only.

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi stevef919

When you right click on the Root of the Personal Folders, do you see the option to: Close "Name of Personal Folders" ?

You should be able to close the Personal Folders that are not the Default folders.

In Help > About Microsoft Outlook
    At the top of the Window, does it say Corporate or Workgroup...or Internet Mode?

6. stevef919

stevef919 Thread Starter

Yes, I do see the option to close files. But I get a popup window that states "You cannot close the personal folders file that contains your calendar, contacts, and POP mailbox." Then nothing happens.
    In Help...About, it states Internet Mail Only- Security Update

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice