1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant delete processes via task manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by superkboom, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. superkboom

superkboom Thread Starter

hi everybody i have a major question. whenever i try to access my task manager and go to the Processes tab, im always trying to delete some unwanted stuff that are doing nothing. But the problem is whenever i try to do this it gives me the typical warning message and i click yes, i didnt delete anything important to my comp, it wont delete. there are no messages, just the same screen that i was looking at before, please help!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Not sure what you are trying to do. You can't delete anything through the Task Manager--it doesn't have that ability or option. And most processes that are needed to run your machine cannot be affected by the user.

3. superkboom

i right click and then i try to end the process but nothing works

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. superkboom

im not sure there is a process named explorer.exe, this file is a smaller version of the real file explorer.exe, the important one, im not sure wat this is but soem say it is a type of virus, but all i want to do is know how i can end processes again like i used to before

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!