1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't delete twext.exe, getting on my nerves...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Megacherv, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megacherv

Megacherv Thread Starter

I've recently had a Malware attack on my laptop (when I wasn't actually on it amazingly) and I've only just NEARLY sorted it out. According to Prevx CSI free version (scan only and a few files can be cleaned up) I had the following malware:-

~.exe
    brastk.exe
    ifmfabyb.exe (which I'm guessing I'm the only person to ever get that since nothing comes up for it)
    twext.exe

I've managed to get rid of the first 3 manually using Axcypt's Shred and Delete (and the prefetches for the 2nd and 3rd ones using Windows) but I canot get rid of twext.exe. I searched for it in Process Explorer and it said that it was being run by winlogon.exe. I'm not sure how to get rid of files on startup, and I'm anxious as to whether I should force it to close at risk of destroying my laptop.

Please somebody provide assistance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice