1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant detect network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by INeedGmail!!, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. INeedGmail!!

INeedGmail!! Thread Starter

After i deleted a couple registry entries from the software sections of my registry it was bitdefender 9 entries, i removed them all. I restart my computer and then i get no internet connection. the wireless icon managed by windows is on the bottom riht of my screen idle, i VIEW WIRELESS NETWORKS and no wireless networks come on, it says to make sure it is switched on. my wireless cannot be turned off its a card inside the desktop. When i system restore it will work, but i want to fix it without restoring.

What are the procedures to start my wireless conection. I am kind of advanced in this field, ive tried a few things ive repaired etc.

my router is fine, my drivers are fine.

THANKS

2. detoxdsl

detoxdsl

Is windows zero started ?

start>run>services.msc - wireless zero is at the bottom of the list, make sure that its started and it should pick up your network

3. INeedGmail!!

yep that service is started. still doesnt work.

4. INeedGmail!!

Can anyone help me start my internet. Im guessing its a service but i enabled al services, still doesnt work, its soomething in depth. Hardware is fine

5. jmwills

jmwills

Grab your XP disc and put it in the tray. From the Run command type:

sfc /scannow

Reboot and see what you get.

6. INeedGmail!!

How do i make windows configure my conection, it seems that the wireless networking is assigned to another program. I want windows to manage it, ow do i change the setting, also this could be whats causing the problem.

7. zupportguy

zupportguy

If you want Windows to control your wireless settings:

Start>ControlPanel>Network Connection> Rightclick on your WLAN icon then click properties> Click Wireless Networks Tab> Check Use windows to configure my Wireless Network Settings> Click Ok

Note: Wireless Zero should be enabled.

8. jmwills

jmwills

Meaning the Service has to be enabled. And then uninstall the other program.

9. INeedGmail!!

It works now thanks.

10. jmwills

jmwills

You need Gmail?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/515546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice