Cant detect wireless printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tsl90

Very frustrated.

Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.5
Canon MX870
Linksys wrt54g router

The printer finds the network. It says the connection is active - and if I unplug the router that changes to inactive, and back to active when I plug back in. So I feel the printer - router connection is OK.

The computer finds the network fine - evidenced by the fact that I'm wirelessly on the internet now.

The setup software tells me the printer can't be detected. I've played with a few of the alphabet soup of settings on the router page - but none seem to have any effect.

Would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

TL

tsl90

For anyone else with this problem:

This helped:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1341

After reseting the printer system click add a printer and select the MX870. It also shows up as a bonjour scanner. I just selected the printer first and it worked fine. Suspected I might not be able to scan if I didn't select the scanner as well so I did that too. I don't have time to try and scan something but the printer still works wirelessly.

Hope that helps someone.

TL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online