1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Disable Gateway Internal Mouse (Despite Trying All on this Site!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Catfsm, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfsm

Catfsm Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3818 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 289782 MB, Free - 240121 MB; E: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 616891 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, SJV50-BZ
    Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated and Enabled

My computer is new. I replaced my older HP one last week. It had a simple switch to disable the internal mouse!

I read all the suggestions for this question from an earlier time it was asked. I tried, but I still can not find a way to disable my gateway computer's internal mouse. I went to control panel, hardware, mouse, and found 2 mouses there (not mice!). One is the Logitech one external one connected to my osb drive. The other is the one I tried to disable. I found the driver page, but the disable icon is not working. It is not lit up and nothing happens with a right or left click on it. The screen says that this mouse is working properly. I can not disable it.... Where is the disable key?

I notes that someone installed Synaptics, so I did that, and my computer has speeded way up! (Yay), but there is no change in the place to disable the internal mouse.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The Synaptics shoudl have added it's own Control Panel, or added to the Mouse properties in the Control Panel and created an icon in the System Tray.

The Gateway site lists both the Synaptics and Elantech drivers for the laptop, which touchpad does the laptop say you have?

Gateway site: http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=3503

Also according to the manual which is also at the link above you should be able to press FN +F6 to disable the Touchpad, but you must have the correct touchpad drivers installed and the LaunchManager installed for that to work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice