Can't display my win 7 on my plasma using wifi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oscarpro

My Panasonic is wifi ready with my wifi modem on my pc. Can anyone tell me how to modify my pc to deliver the display to my plasma. My display settings only indicated one monitor which is my desktop monitor. Any suggestions....:(

Generally speaking you cannot send video (add the TV as a second monitor) from a computer to a TV using WIFI. Is this functionality explicitly explained in the TV's user guide? If so, please provide the exact model number so I can have a look at the guide myself.

oscarpro

I have a panasonic vierra tc-p50s30 model. I have a DLNA application but it tells me that it can't find any servers. I understand that I may need a cable of some sort.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Does your computer have an unused HDMI or DVI video output? If so, you can use a suitable cable to connect it to one of the HDMI inputs on the TV. Whether you can only duplicate on the TV what is shown on the monitor, or extend the desktop to show something different on the TV, will depend on the video controller in the computer.

The only way I know how to do what you want over wi-fi is through a chromecast. They're not expensive and work well.

oscarpro

Thank U all for your info. I manage to get the wifi up. How do I get my pc to come up on the tv?

oscarpro

I agree and I did that but all I get the theme background display, no desktop icons or task bar. The cursor is not in sync with my laptop. I'm running win xp. Is there a setting I'm missing?

cwwozniak

Chuck
I get the theme background display, no desktop icons or task bar.
Sounds like you have the Display Properties setting to extend the desktop to the TV. If you want to see the same thing on both screens, change the display property setting to mirror what is being shown on the laptop's screen to the TV. You may need to adjust the video resolution if parts of the mirrored image are cut off on the TV.

oscarpro

I tried looking for this option in the display resolution screen but could not find.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Here is some information on the Microsoft web site that may help you.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976064

If you still have problems, please let us know the brand and full model name/number of the computer. If the computer is using a video controller expansion card rather than any built-in video on the motherboard, please let us know the brand and model number of the controller card (not the brand and model number of the controller chip on the card).

TerryNet

Terry
The terms used in Windows 7 English (USA; don't know about English UK :D ) are Computer only, Duplicate, Extend and Projector only. "Projector only" means any external monitor, and the others I think are self explanatory.

oscarpro

Thanks again for all your responses. I installed a chromecast digital player by google and it's fantastic. Check it out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online