Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant display PC on TV

677 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Tanis 
#1 ·
I am not sure if this is the right category for my problem but I don't know where else to put it but basically, Whenever I connect my PC to my TV It won't show my PC screen (I'm using HDMI to HDMI). I have 2 monitors connected to my graphics card on my PC and use the port on the motherboard to connect to the TV because I don't want to have to unplug and reconnect my dvi cable I use for my main monitor every time I want to watch youtube on my TV from my PC. What am I doing wrong or what could be the problem since I know the ports on my tv work and there should be no issue with my motherboard, and if this method doesn't work is there something else I can do bc i don't want to unplug my main monitors to watch on the TV i just want to connect the TV additionally and project it there.

#2 ·
Can you provide some information on your system, i.e. is it is a prebuilt like a HP or Dell, if so please provide the exact make and model.

It its a self/custom build please provide details of CPU, Motherboard, RAM and PSU (Make, model and wattage).

Based on your comments I would imagine that the motherboard output (HDMI) will likely use the CPU onboard graphics not the dedicated graphics card. There are a couple of problems here:

1) Your PC is probably set to use the dedicated GPU and therefore may not output anything from that port anyway.
2) What CPU do you have, does it even have integrated Graphics? If it doesn't then there is no way to ever get an output from the motherboard HDMI port other than buying a new CPU.

You could use a splitter cable from your primary graphics card output, this will mirror the output from your Main screen onto your TV. If you can provide the info above and confirm what connections you are currently using from the PC to your monitors we can help you more.

#3 ·
Hello and thank you for your quick response, And yes it is a custom build, CPU 3600x Ryzen 5, 1050 ti graphics card, 16 gb of ram, 850 watts power supply and MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard, so would the only way to project my PC on my TV is by splitting the primary output source? Is there no other way that would be easier or so I could just plug in a cable and be able to project it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.