1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't do Recovery or Restore

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zydone, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zydone

zydone Thread Starter

I have been e-mailing Acer Support about this problem.
    Copy of letter sent to Acer Support. This one they never answered.

Acer Aspire 5520-5912 AMD Processor 2000 Mb ram Purchased Dec 2007 @WalMart
    S/N: LXAJA0X00073724A961601 SNID: 73715016616

After still messing around after e'ing you, went on start menu >all programs>Acer eRecovery Management. Then downloaded applications for vista. Now after that when I try to do a recovery from eRecovery a window comes up Exception message: Value does not fall within the expected range. (must be New York lawyer lingo). Press OK then next window says: X Sorry! This is not an Acer system.
    Now that I can't seem to find anyway to get into the partition on D that has the recovery info and and since I was dumb and lost the CD's I made when I first bought it and now looking on your website and putting in the SNID number it says they are NLA-Discontinued.
    If can't do restore from built in and can't obtan a cd copy, what do I do? Junk the machine because it's an antique?
    Any ideas?
    Also CD/DVD burner does not show up in Devise Manager. And too, you can't do Sysyem Restore. Every time it comes back Failed no matter which date you pick, but if only goes back 2 weeks. the earlier ones got wiped out and this problem started about Thanksgiving.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice