1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't download a spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by grandpaw7, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

My brother sent me a spreadsheet with some financial info. But when I try to download it, I get a ! message that "the drive or network connection that the shortcut '1310Jefferson[1].wks.lnk" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again." I am wondering if there is an English language version of that message so I'll know what they are talking about. Can anybody tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it so I can open the spreadsheet? My brother created the speadsheet using MS Works, which I also have. Thanks, grandpaw

2. SyscoKid

SyscoKid

The name "1310Jefferson[1].wks.lnk" indicates he didn't send you the spreadsheet but a shortcut file he created on his computer to access the shortcut. And the shortcut is pointing to a folder on his computer or network that you obviously can't access.

I suggest you have him send it again. Have him make sure it only has a wks extension, not wks.lnk.

3. SyscoKid

SyscoKid

Errr.... I meant "a shortcut file he created on his computer to access the SPREADSHEET."

4. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

Thank you, SyscoKid, for your input. I'll get that darn brother of mine to do it right. grandpaw

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice