1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant download ea download manager

Discussion in 'Games' started by janaemommy, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. janaemommy

janaemommy Thread Starter

i have a desktop which is linked to my husbands computer wirelessly. my system uses windows xp and i just discovered the downloadable digital games from the ea store. i install ea download manager onto my computer and then when i log in to it the two games i purchased say they are connecting and seem to be attempting to download. then i get an error message that says the computer lost connection during the download. that is as far as i have gotten. i have gone as far as uninstalling and reinstalling explorer 7 because the techs insist that the ea download was built off the microsoft explorer program and that maybe a file or something i've downloaded is giving me the error message. so i've gone through my computer deleting games and other programs that are rarely used because i have spent fifty dollars on two sims games that i cannot download from the ea store. please help.:eek:

2. ClosedAccount3

ClosedAccount3 Account Closed

Have you tried to keep going with EA support? They can be quite helpful as long as you don't let anything lie until they solve it.

3. DeBug

DeBug

The problem could be at Wireless Router Firewall. That the Firewall doesn't gave any premission to EA Download Manager to use the connection!

4. janaemommy

i have contacted ea tech support twice and they basically gave me the same answer both times. the first time they gave me suggestions like checking the level of my security settings, using task manager in my tool bar to stop background programs from running, and checking for spyware. i tried all this the first time and when i let them know that they suggested i do all those things again.

5. janaemommy

would disabling the firewall or allowing the firewall and typing in ea download manager as the exception fix this? i tried both of those things and still get the lost connection message.

6. ClosedAccount3

Does it work when you aren't using wireless, it could be worth trying if possible?

7. DeBug

DeBug

Try to disable your firewall until you download that games.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Please don't make them look as good as that... ;) :D

9. ClosedAccount3

:)

Don't fear, as a BF2 player with 500mb patches that contain bugs, I hate EA as much as the next man

10. DeBug

DeBug

How much do you pay for patches?

11. ClosedAccount3

Depends, I've downloaded many a gigabyte of BF2 patch and they still haven't fixed the things the community keep asking for... it's a lot of bandwidth and time spent

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/685527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice