Can't download flashplayer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

billjack4

Winxp/2.4ghz/120gig/windows explorer 6 with current updates.

I have tried everything-turn off firewall-everything. When I click the "download" button to download flashplayer, all I get is a blank box with the colored triangle in the corner. Help! :(

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Do a search and delete all Flash.ocx and Swflash.ocx files before you try to download and install the 7.0.19.0 version. See if that helps.

billjack4

I tried everything you all said, still no luck.Would having realplayer or some other player be interfering? Thanks for your help.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
RealPlayer is known to be problematic. I got rid of it from both of my computers a long time ago.

Make sure to turn off any antivirus and firewall programs(s) you have running before you download the Flash plug-in.

billjack4

Still no luck. looks like I'm destined not to have it. I'm open to any more suggestions you all may have, and again, thanks for your help.

Do you use "Spywareblaster"?
If yes go to "tools/Flash Killer" and look if Macromedia Flash Killer is disabled or not.
Greetings from Belgium

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online