cant download google chrome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

makada

In the first week of September, when I heard of Google Chrome, I thought I will give it a go. I went to http://www.google.com/chrome and downloaded the the small installer pack less than 500 kb......i think. Then when I tried to run the installer, it kept on telling me that it is unable to connect to internet.........and could not install...and stopped. This happened on my Laptop running win xp sp3. I have DSL connection and have a router at my home.Laptop connects via a ethernet cable. I went to google's troubleshooting centre and tried each of their suggestions but no help .
I again tried the same installer program on my desktop, also connected to the same router via ethernet, and it connected to internet, downloaded the files and installed and started to work.
Yesterday I found a portable chrome and thought maybe I should try this on my laptop. The portable chrome now tells me that it cannot connect to internet.
It works fine on my desktop.

I use IE7 and firefox3 , without any proxy
I have avira anti virus and windows firewall.
What is happening????

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online