1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't download picture in jpeg format anymore

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by John24689, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. John24689

John24689 Thread Starter

I don't know what has happened, but all of the pictures I try to download are now only bmp. I used to get them as jpeg. It shows they are jpeg pictures, but the computer will only let me download them as bmp's. There are no options in the drop down box to select jpeg. Jpeg was my default and I have somehow lost it. Any suggestions? Thanks and have a great day.
    John

2. theseif

theseif

Think this has something to do with the AOL browser. Look around this part of the forums, I saw this question and the answer here somewhere but don't remember exactly where, lol.

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

4. John24689

John24689 Thread Starter

I have seen that reference. Thanks. I do not have AOL. I have bellsouth DSL. I think this happened when I upgraded my XP Professional. I think I have seen a place on my IE or elsewhere where you can check which types of picture formats you want and maybe check which one is your default. I can't find it now. :-(
    John

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Did you empty your temporary internet files? It should work. This is a very common problem.

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

7. 911

I think doublehelix is right. Every time my temporary files get too full, bitmap is the only format that I can load. Just clear them out, and the problem should go away.

8. ohheck

ohheck

dumb idea but could they be jpgs that just have bmp extensions?
    you could always manually change the extension to *.jpg

9. acraftylady

acraftylady

If you are not using AOL then the clearing your temp internet files should fix it.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/319894