cant download SP1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

arty62

I get the message "Setup could notverify the integrity of Update.inf. Make sure cryptographic services is running on this computer."

Crypto services is at stop and nnothing I do will get it running...what to do?

crjdriver

Are you downloading the express install or the network install? I have never been a fan of express install. It caused me quite a lot of problems back when win2k sp1 came out. After that I always make it a point to download the network [full] service pack. It can take a while with dial up. If you have cable / dsl, it only takes about twenty min. or so [depending on your dl rate]

arty62

Thanks guys...no joy...still giving the same message...need to get crypto stuff running somehow....rt

arty62

Went into System32 folder, deleted CatRoot2...SP1 installed...joy in the machine now!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts