1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant download using ie6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by twisted_d, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted_d

twisted_d Thread Starter

for some reason i cant download anything from a hypertext
    on websites using internat explorer 6. as soon as i click
    on the text the page freezes. i have to cntrl alt del,
    says page (not responding), and end task. wich shuts
    down any explorer open at the time. some times when i
    restart my computer my browser wont open anything.i cntrl alt del, it says that my pc-cillin webtrap is (not responding) . i end task on it and my browser works fine after that,except i cant download as i said . ive checked my computer with ad aware and spyhunter for parasites and found nothing ive scanned for virus. nothing . though something is running in the background opening the same popups on different pages. and whenever i try to restart or shut down i get a phantom "this program is waiting for you to respond" and i have to end task. my comouter is running win 98 se, athalon 1.2, 256 ddr, ge force fx 5700, sndblaster platinum.i have a cable modem.
    im running no firewall right now i was trying to download
    a replacement fire wall when i discovered that i have this
    problem

2. stillearning

stillearning

Can you right click & save as??

3. twisted_d

twisted_d Thread Starter

the types of links im talking about are the type that if you right click and save as they just down load the link itself. i dont know exactly what there called. hypertext redirection protocol or something like that

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice