1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't drag address bar icon to to folders or emails

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobatcv, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobatcv

bobatcv Thread Starter

I can no longer drag and drop icons/links from address bar to emails as attachments or to folders in Windows Explorer. Any suggestions on options/settings to fix? I can drag to desktop as shortcut without problem.

I use both IE7 and Firefox on OP Home. Same problem with both browsers.

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

instead of dragging, hilite/rt click-copy and paste where you want/need it.

3. bobatcv

bobatcv Thread Starter

Copy/paste won't do it. I do not want the url, I want the icon and "name".

If I were to try to paste url to folder, there are non-acceptable characters ( i.e., / etc) for file name; but, I don't want the url.

Until last few days, I have "forever" simply done what shows in the popup when I hover over the address bar icon; namely, "Drag and drop this icon to create a link to this page".

I was dragging to hidden task bar, getting it open, then opening a minimized folder and dropping in the link. Very useful to associate links with downloaded software or with folders with .doc or .xls files on related topics. Same thing for adding link to new email as attachment.

Thanks for your reply. I just need a different solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!