Cant Drag and Drop on Toshiaba Laptop Windows 8.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kim77angle

This has been going on for a while now. on my windows desktop i can't drag and drop pictures ect into files. It only moves for a little bit then stops.
Like to say if I were to take a picture and drag it to the other side of my desktop, it would stop in the middle.
I use a laptop so I cant really buy a new mouse. some files it doesn't happen with but most it does.
I just hope someone can help me here. Please and thank you

bnyabicha

Brian
Have you tired the old Right-click+Esc key?

Right-click on a file and hold the mouse button down.
While the the mouse is still pressed hit the Esc key

bobs-here

Bob
if anything was changed inadvertently recently, try using system restore to go back to an earlier date, when all was ok

TerryNet

Terry
I use a laptop so I cant really buy a new mouse.
Why not? I use several laptops and over the years have bought a number of new mice when needed. Just make sure it is a USB mouse, not the old PS/2 that you can still find in places like Big Lots. Or, if your laptop includes Bluetooth, a Bluetooth mouse is another convenient option.

Kim77angle

Why not? I use several laptops and over the years have bought a number of new mice when needed. Just make sure it is a USB mouse, not the old PS/2 that you can still find in places like Big Lots. Or, if your laptop includes Bluetooth, a Bluetooth mouse is another convenient option.
I just dont like using like...a mouse mouse I like the built in mouse on the laptop. plus I dont have access to a table mouse all the time because most of the time im on my bed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online