1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't drag and drop wavs to record in Just Audio..Help!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Shamrock, Feb 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

I have the CeQuadrat Just Burn and am trying to make an audio CD. The program says it takes wavs but all that I have on my hard drive that were taken from the 'net' have a red icon in front..meaning they won't work. Only a couple of the small wavs.. like one lines of songs have the green icon in front and will work.
    What can be done??
    Also if I get that figured out do you have to have the 'audio CDs' to be able to play them in a cd player? or will any CD-R disk work?

2. rhettman5

rhettman5

Hi Shamrock, not sure why your files won't work, did you use real jukebox to get them ? Perhaps you had protection on, if so remove it and try again, as far as music or data cd's I have used both and can tell no difference, perhaps someone with more experience with protected files will be able to help you...Rhett PS I also use CEQuadrat and it works great for everything, but I have heard of others with problems.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

No, My windows media player is what I use for all my wavs.

4. rhettman5

rhettman5

Well Shamrock, 1 more idea, go to tools, options, within media player. Then click CD Audio, make sure box named " Enable personal rights management" is checked...Rhett btw, you are using the just audio portion of just burn aren't you ?

[This message has been edited by rhettman5 (edited 02-24-2001).]

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

Yes, I am in just audio. I was told that you can't make a music CD that plays in regular CD players.. like in the car etc. with 'wav' files. You have to convert them to cda. files (I think that's what it was) or MP3?

6. rhettman5

rhettman5

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

BTW I forgot to say my Windows Media Player is version 6.4 and didn't have the option listed you mentioned above Rhett.
    Thanks for your help.

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

I have the CeQuadrat Just!Burn version 2.57. Rhettman 5 if you read this.. you said in Just Audio you use 'Simple' to convert your files to MP3. Won't your program read the wavs either? If you use the 'Simple' program can you just change the files you want to burn? Then will you be able to play this cd in your car or other non computer player?
    I was reading some of the comments about that 'Simple' software and one person wrote: "One thing it fails to tell you is that you must use a 44.1Khz 16bit stereo wav file. After finding this out the hard way I found out that after screwing up the resulting mp3 it permenantly deleted the original wav." Any comments? Does it have to be that stereo wav and if so does it automatically convert it?

9. AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

Hi, I don't know your program but, most burning programs will convert mp3's to the proper cd audio format, which is almost identical to .wav format. So it is not necessary to convert your .wav to .mp3 and may not be necessary to convert your .mp3 to .wav. I have heard some programs will not burn the .wav unless it is 44.1Khz 16bit stereo as you stated. Good Luck

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

AlwaysLearning...if you read my first post at the top it says that all my full song wavs I have on my hard drive 'won't work'. You can't 'drop them down' to get them burned.
    How would you change the wavs to 44.1Khz 16bit stereo?

11. AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

Going only by the sound editing software that I know(Goldwave), you can open a sound file(.wav) and choose file->save as, then in the box you can choose from a drop down menu the appropriate setting, and it will be converted. Don't know about simple. Hope this helps.

12. TimD

TimD

i use cequadrat too, sorry i can't offer any help with your .wav file problem, the only wave files i ever used were from cds, and cequadrat actually makes the .wav files so they always worked for me

the only problem i have with it is some .mp3's i download work, and some do not any ideas on this one?

13. rhettman5

rhettman5

How many mp3's won't burn (ratio)? Occasionally I will find one that has a red 0 with a line through it, but seldom. I have been meaning to look at the properties of the mp3 and see if anything is differant, I will post back if I find the problem, but it happens rarley...Rhett

14. TimD

TimD

i'd say about 25% of mine are red and can't be burned, i was thinking about downloading some of the mp3 fixers from http://www.winamp.com to see if those helped any. i looked at the bitrate to see if that was it, but wasn't. don't really know what else to check.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/38873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice