1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't eject CD!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nocontact, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

I've been having a mess of problems trying to burn CD's so I uninstalled Adaptec Easy CD, Direct CD from my PC.
    I just put in CD and now it won't eject. I suppose I could re-install and then eject but I want to try new CD software altogether. Anyone know how to get this CD out of the tray?

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Try rebooting and while the system is powering up push the eject button on the cd drive.

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

there should be a small hole on the front of cd drive stick a unbent paper clip and work around in there, may take some effort but it works.

4. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

I though that the hole was only supposed to be used in dire emergencies, that's why I didn't want to consider it.

5. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

Alright, tried the reboot, no luck, I don't know if I did it at the right time though. Any other ideas out there?
    Please?

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Does the light come on? Can you try to keep touching the button to see if it'll open?

7. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

I tried opening a file from the disc and the light came on but when I try to eject it using the button or by rightclicking "shortcut to CD" no light comes on. Kept the button pressed, no luck there either.

8. ~Candy~

Ok, you must attempt to open the tray when the computer is first starting up..........hit the eject button at this point...keep trying it while the computer is booting up.......it certainly must open from there.........

9. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

Not to jump the gun, I'll try again in a second, but does this mean I'll have to do this now everytime I want to eject a cd if it has been made with direct CD?

10. ~Candy~

No..........but you have to get that one out.........

11. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

Alright Candy, we're in business got it out this time. Any idea where to go from here?

12. ~Candy~

Not to use a Microsoft slogan.......but........'where do you want to go' ?

I thought the mission was getting the cd out of the drive?

If you want to use the burner, you need software installed ;)

13. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

Do I need the software just to use the drive?

14. ~Candy~

You need software to be able to burn cds.........you can use the drive as a normal cd player, etc. But, if you want to copy anything onto a blank disc....you NEED some type of software.....the one you unintalled is very popular, and there are others like NERO as well.........

15. Nocontact

Nocontact Thread Starter

But that's the thing, I put the Cd in there after the uninstall and I didn't burn or anything I just opened a file that was on it but it wouldn't eject.
    If I use it as a cd player like you said is it going to eject then?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice