1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't email 1 person.....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Koondaddy, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

I have a friend that used to be able to email this one person, but now it gets bounced back as SPAM. I'll ask if he just installed that spam software or if he has always had it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

This is the message he gets

The original message was received at Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:27:10 -0500
    from server002.fivearea.com [216.167.150.225] (may be forged)

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <to.his.friends.email.addy>
    (reason: 554 5.7.1 This site protected by spamAway. Message appears to be spam, rejected)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to mx-filter2.npgco.com:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 554 5.7.1 This site protected by spamAway. Message appears to be spam, rejected
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

2. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Actually it seems like it's sporatic.....could it be the resources and he just needs to reboot? Hmmm....

3. Alaska

Alaska

Do a search on Google for Spamaway. You'll come up with some interesting results!

4. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Cool...I'll do that....aparently it is the person he is sending it to....his ISP is using spamaway....I'll look it up.

Thanks!

5. Alaska

Alaska

According to below paragraph Spamaway is just supposed to direct possible spam to some kind of bulk mail folder not do a direct block/bounce of possible spam:

Suspected spam is automatically filtered from your Inbox and moved to your Bulk Mail Folder. From there, you can review and determine whether you want to keep or delete the message.

The above was from this web page:

http://www.cablevision.com/index.jhtml?pageType=qa_ool&qaType=spam#spam08

I do not know all of the ISP's that are using Spamaway, but as your friend has experienced getting on the Spamaway list can be bad if you are an innocent.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice