1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't enable Test Mode in Windows 7 x64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MOwais, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MOwais

MOwais Thread Starter

Hi Tech Guys,
    I'm facing a problem. I'm trying to start my windows (7 64bit, Ultimate, also tried on Proffessional) in test mode but unfortunately its not starting in it. I've tried "bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON" & "bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON" both with administrative privileges to cmd and also tried "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" But still its not starting in test mode.
    Both Method successfully executed before restart but after restart, nothing happens. No logo appears over clock area of Desktop.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

The second listed cmd is wrong there should not be a / after exe and before set

The first listed cmd appears correct

Please see this
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...all/the-testsigning-boot-configuration-option

Have you checked bcdedit to see if the windows boot loader shows
    testsigning - YES
    as per the image on the link

Note Windows 7 displays watermartk in lower left corner of desktop

MOwais likes this.
  3. MOwais

MOwais Thread Starter

Yes, I've checked that boot loader shows "Yes" for test-signing and I've also tried it on other computer with same windows edition and system specs where it worked successfully. I've reinstalled windows on my computer many times but the problem is still same. Can't figure out where am I wrong...

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

So are you judging it is not working only because of the lack of the watermark

Do not please be annoyed by the question
    Windows Ultimate
    Windows Professional

Are these genuine licensed windows installations on which it does not appear to work

Also you are executing that cmd at a C:\ prompt I presume

5. MOwais

MOwais Thread Starter

I'm Using the same window as on other systems in my office. They are showing the label but in my system its not working properly. Even after Re-installation of the window...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice