Can't enable Test Mode in Windows 7 x64bit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MOwais

Hi Tech Guys,
I'm facing a problem. I'm trying to start my windows (7 64bit, Ultimate, also tried on Proffessional) in test mode but unfortunately its not starting in it. I've tried "bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON" & "bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON" both with administrative privileges to cmd and also tried "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" But still its not starting in test mode.
Both Method successfully executed before restart but after restart, nothing happens. No logo appears over clock area of Desktop.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

MOwais

The second listed cmd is wrong there should not be a / after exe and before set

The first listed cmd appears correct

Please see this
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...all/the-testsigning-boot-configuration-option

Have you checked bcdedit to see if the windows boot loader shows
testsigning - YES
as per the image on the link

Note Windows 7 displays watermartk in lower left corner of desktop
Yes, I've checked that boot loader shows "Yes" for test-signing and I've also tried it on other computer with same windows edition and system specs where it worked successfully. I've reinstalled windows on my computer many times but the problem is still same. Can't figure out where am I wrong...

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
So are you judging it is not working only because of the lack of the watermark

Do not please be annoyed by the question
Windows Ultimate
Windows Professional

Are these genuine licensed windows installations on which it does not appear to work

Also you are executing that cmd at a C:\ prompt I presume

MOwais

So are you judging it is not working only because of the lack of the watermark

Do not please be annoyed by the question
Windows Ultimate
Windows Professional

Are these genuine licensed windows installations on which it does not appear to work

Also you are executing that cmd at a C:\ prompt I presume
I'm Using the same window as on other systems in my office. They are showing the label but in my system its not working properly. Even after Re-installation of the window...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online