1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant enter BIOS!?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Salfreezy, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Salfreezy

Salfreezy Thread Starter

Hey guys i have a huge problem and have been on every other tech website praying for answer but none have came. I have recently built a PC with a friend and once we finished building it we plugged it in to the monitor pressed delete and everything worked fine at with his keyboard and monitor. I brought it over to my house and plugged it into my old HP w1907 monitor and it take 2 minutes after i turn on my computer to finally show on the monitor! After that i try entering the BIOS with a Logitech mk 345 wireless combo and its almost as if it not even plugged in, i have tried everything from buying the brand new Logitech keyboard to plugging it into USB 2.0 instead of 3.0. The keyboard i tried before the Logitech one was a PS2 HP keyboard. Its came to the point where i am almost giving up on the whole build. Hope you guys could help! :)
    My specs are:
    MSI Geforce GTX 960
    AMD FX 8350
    MSI 760GM-P34
    Kingston 8GB of RAM
    1 TB Hitachi Hard Drive
    Rosewill FBM-01 case
    If i forgot anything just let me know thank you guys!

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Well it could be that you may need to use a PS2 keyboard to initially access the BIOS setup, then consult the mobo manual as to where to enable the USB functionality you may need, such as legacy. As far as accessing the BIOS with a wireless combo, that might not work at all depending on the type of USB receiving unit. That would explain why it takes so long for the video to fire up your monitor, the PC is probably looking for a keyboard and mouse and not finding them, eventually it gives up and completes the POST anyway. Just a theory.

The Cleaver

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is a thumbnail image of the ports in that motherboard.

Attached Files:

4. Salfreezy

Salfreezy Thread Starter

Well i used my old HP keyboard with PS2 to enter the BIOS but i still had no luck. Idk the keyboard just doesnt work or what the deal is 😔

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1152992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice