1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Cant enter bios

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tuckersz, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tuckersz

Tuckersz Thread Starter

I dont know where to put this... Mostly becuase I dont know what is wrong with my computer, but I am trying to fix a PC and give it windows 10.

I have all the parts I need, and I have an OS disc, but my computer won't boot it.
    Nor only that, but it wont let me open the bios to change the boot source...
    I googled the key I need to press, f2, and spammed it from thr second I turned it on, to the time it told me to "reboot and select proper reboot device"

Please help?

Edit: my son's birthday is in 2 days and I need this as quickly as possible!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Without providing a detailed description of the PC that you're wanting to install Windows 10 in, it's almost impossible for anyone here to help you.

Is that an original or self-created "bootable" Windows 10 disc?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Tuckersz

Tuckersz Thread Starter

I
    It was made by my good friend who works as a tech support guy, so I don't think that it is the soure of the problem. and sorry, I forgot to give pc info

I dont speak computer so ill just upload what it shows on startup... I hope that is enough

4. Tuckersz

Tuckersz Thread Starter

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard
    It has BIOS version 2002 which was released in July 2012.
    The most current non-beta one is BIOS version 4701 which was released in June 2014.

According to its on-line user manual, these are the instructions for accessing the BIOS setup screen:

Capture.JPG

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice