1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't enter the bios

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by splice, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. splice

splice Thread Starter

I was given this unit and it had no sound ,in device manager went to sound and there was no sound device, loaded one into unit and still no sound. Also all of the place;s in the speaker and audio part are all grayed out. I have tryed a number of ways to enter the bios but no luck, the unit a hp s7320n slimline. Maybe someone can tell me of a way to get into the bios I'm at loss never run into this before . thanks splice

2. 247techie

247techie

Did you hit F10 while restarting the computer ?

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    quite a few different ways to enter the bios on HP machines

del
    F1
    F2
    F8
    F10
    F12

as it boots up - should see a screen with the key to use
    what have you tried ?
    what happens

4. splice

splice Thread Starter

Well I have tryed all of those and no go. When you hit any of them the screen will flicker and go into windows start up.If I hit esc it goes into the boot up and there is the dvd and dv rom and the monitor nothing else. Before the dvd and monitor screen it looks like the menu but only for a second. any thouhts? thanks splice

5. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

dont hit the key hold it down till the bios screen shows

6. 247techie

247techie

By hit I meant was you have to keep tapping on it untill you get to the BIOS when restarting the computer

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice