1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't figure out how to use Firefox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by grandpaw7, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I install Firefox. I get the Default Browser window and make Firefox my default, and click OK. I get the Firefox blank window. It has an address bar at the top but no GO button to activate it. I type in the hotmail address and nothing happens. It has a Go button on the top taskbar; somehow I get the hotmail URL in the dropdown menu for this Go button and highlight it; nothing happens. I close the blank Firefox window and click Hotmail on my desktop. I get a message that Windows cannot find it. Same thing with any other website. I enter the Hotmail address in the address bar at the bottom and get the same message. I click on my IE icon on my desktop and get the ATT ISP welcome screen. I enter hotmail in the top address bar and get Hotmail.

I don't know how I can get Firefox to send me to the websites I ask it to. I can only browse using IE, and then by opening IE on my screen and typing in a URL in the address bar.

Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or not doing. Thanks, grandpaw7

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Hit enter

3. oguzata

oguzata

there is no go buton in the firefox :)

4. kiregar

kiregar

I have a go button?????????????????
    [​IMG]

5. TOGG

TOGG

My version of Firefox (0.9.03) doesn't have a 'Go' button to the right of the address box where my ISP's IE based browser does. There is a 'Go' on the top line but that doesn't have the same effect as in IE based browsers.

All I do is type, or copy/paste, the URL into the addtess box and then hit 'Enter', and it works. Having said that, I actually prefer to use my Opera browser, and that doesn't have a 'Go' button either.

6. oguzata

oguzata

:?.

Attached Files:

7. kiregar

kiregar

I have the newest version of firefox as well. I think you have to place the GO button into the toolbar via the customize option. Right click on the toolbar and then select customize. I put my mail shortcut, print shortcut, and new tab shortcut in there as well as some other things that are available in the GUI of the customization menu. I believe that they are drag and drop.

See if you can get it with that. I am almost sure that is how I did it :confused:

kiregar

8. oguzata

oguzata

kiregar do u want gmail invite

9. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

"Enter" also works, but right click on toolbar > customize then click and drag the "go" button is how you get it there. Do the same thing with "mail" etc.

Carolyn < learning about firefox, as she reads the forum posts (y)

10. kiregar

kiregar

Well, I'm trying to get one. 700mb80min. was supposed to send me one today, but maybe he changed his mind or forgot or something. If he doesn't send one my way soon I'll have to look elsewhere unless you're offering?

I started a thread Gmail Thread about when it was going to be released and 700mb80min. said that he could send me one if I PM'ed him my email address. I did that, but haven't heard back from him yet.

If you have one you could spare I'd appreciate it, if not no biggie either. I'm just tired of hotmail and their stupid 1mb attachment limit. Gets on your nerves after a few years LOL.

kiregar

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice