Cant figure out the problem.. At ALL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

itrocks4u

Hi...
I really hope this is the right forum to post this question cause its related to networking...i think....

ok so yesterday my DSL connection was working totally fine... I'm using Aztech 'ethernet' DSL modem and windows XP... the modem is connected through the USB port to my computer.

All of a sudden it started acting weird... not the modem but the connection icon on the desktop. Initially it had the option of entering the 'username', 'password' and 'phone no'. After i disconnect once, the connection tab changes over to just the 'phone no.' with a weird no (00261220000244) in it. It does not give me the option of either entering my username or password, and therefore does not connect. I then unistalled the DSL drivers and installed it again using the provided CD. The proper connection options came back on. However, after i disconnect once, the same thing happens and i have to install it again and again. Moreover, now it just does not wanna connect and gives the error of 'invalid username/password over the domain'.

In addition to that, i also have two dialup connections from different ISP providers. Since the DSL modem was not working, i took it of and connected the phone line to the computer so i could connect to the internet through the dialup modem (U.S Robotics 56k). But when i inserted the phone line into the computer, same thing happend to the dialup connection shortcuts. The option of entering the username and password disappeard and it only has the option of the number, which therefore does not connect. I made a new connection through 'new connection wizard' in the 'networking options' through the XP control panel. The username and password option came back on.... and i could connect to the interent.. but then again when i disconnect, i have to start all over again by making a new connection everytime.

I ran the antivirius and spyware removal tools but they did not show up with anything. Wats wrong with it? Any help will be really appreciated.

itrocks4u

Btw, heres the HJT log file, just in case it has something to do with that....

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:29:12 PM, on 12/27/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
C:\Program Files\ADSL\ADSL USB MODEM\dslmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Humayuns\Desktop\Salman\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: System Process - {C2EEB4FA-B6D6-41b9-9CFA-ABA87F862BCB} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\navshext1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [usbn] C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbn.exe -go -c7 -w10
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [9xadiras] 9xadiras.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [googletalk] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" /autostart
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: DSLMON.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2B66898E-1C0A-4690-896B-0049ABE601D1}: NameServer = 203.135.1.117 203.135.0.5
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: SystemCheck2 - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34546} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbsys2.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online