1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant figure out why my Computer Freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TheDovahkiin, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDovahkiin

TheDovahkiin Thread Starter

Hello, thank you in advance for anyone who attempts to help me.

So a little over a month ago the RAM in my PC went bad (I took it to the local tech support store and this is what they told me). So I bought new ram and installed it myself, since I know my way around the hardware of a computer pretty well.

All was well for maybe 2 weeks when it crashed again. I ignored the crash for some idiotic reason and did not take it back to the store. The freezes did not stop and they come in waves mostly when I start playing games, but after the wave is over, I can play games for the rest of the day no problem.

2. jenae

jenae

Hi, I assume you have the latest version of 10, when it freezes again, press the win+ctrl+shift+B keys together, your monitor will go black and you will hear a beep, the GPU driver will then restart, and you should be back and running.

Brainstorm4 likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice