can't find a driver for my sound..pls help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

higashi

i have this laptop FMV4NU1XAO OR FMV-6333NU4/X..can't seem to find a correct driver for the sound card..i have windows 98 OS..thanks in advance

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
What operating system did it come with? Did the sound ever work?

higashi

it came with windows 2000 japanese.but the driver installed didn't worked at all..i have two OS WINXPHOME and win98 both english in replace with the japanese OS.In my urge to make it work,i tried installing on both OS but still none..by the way the laptop came in japan..

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Well, I can't find anything on the first model number, the second model number, if you plug it into a google search, looks like it may hit Japanese websites, so you might try that. If it came with 2K preinstalled, there may not be a 98 driver available.

higashi

yes already tried all the drivers on this site http://www.fmworld.net/product/lib/category/nb.html#win2000
then the seller said that he replaced the mobo before it was on bid.then after replacing the mobo the sound driivers didn't worked.is it possible that the sound card is damaged?.tried to inspect the hardware using network inventory navigation software to see the mobo model.it states FUJITSU COULEES..tried to paste it in googles search but leads to a FRENCH or spanish site..

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Are there any numbers on the motherboard itself? Or do you have any information on it? It is possible sound could be damaged, but if you haven't been able to find any drivers, then I don't know how you could tell at this point. The sound card is showing up in device manager, correct?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online