Can't find cd writing wizard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bonk

Banned
No...I think they mean going to Device Manager and uninstalling the driver from there and restart the PC.....windows should find the driver and re-install it.

Yes. Uninstall through device manager and restart to see if it will re-install properly.
You should have a recording tab with the other tabs. I was hoping doing this may put it there.

levmur

I did the unistall in device manager , rebooted and still don't have that recording tab when I do a RH click and properties on that drive..????

Try the Nero Info tool to ensure you have a compatible disc.
Google your DVD/CD drive to make sure it can do what you want to do.
Put a regular CD-R, not RW, in the drive and see if the record tab is there then.

levmur

Hi, I put a regular CD-R in the drive and still can't see the recording drive.
I'm don't know what you mean on your 2nd suggestion " Google your DVD/Cd drive"
English is my second language. I'm a French Canadian....

levmur

Why would my usb connection for mouse battery charger create a removable disc (E:) drive?
This is what I see when I do a Send To, instead of my DVD/Cd drive (D:)
Could this be the problem?:confused: :confused:

levmur said:
Hi, I put a regular CD-R in the drive and still can't see the recording drive.
I'm don't know what you mean on your 2nd suggestion " Google your DVD/Cd drive"
English is my second language. I'm a French Canadian....
Find the make and model of your DVD/Cd drive and google it.

If you don't know what it is, I believe you can get Everest Home from Major Geeks.

Download it, install it, run it. It tells you all kinds of information about your system.

You will be able to get your drive make and model to google.

You will be able to see what the drive is capable of, what drivers you may need as well as links to get them. I think it will tell you what version of firmware you have as well, which you can then check with the manufacturer to see if it is up to date.

Another suggestion.
Don't send to.
Open Nero and create a data disc. When you click burn, it will ask for a disc. This is when you put the disc in question in the drive. It should recognize the disc for what it is and ask you if you want to erase/overwrite existing files. Or something to that effect, I haven't used Nero in awhile, not compatible with HP systems.

If none of this works the only other things I can think of to try would be a repair install, complete re-install, or a HJT log in the security forums, your choice which.

Or:

Contact maker of PC if it is still under warranty.

bonk said:
Go to My computer right click on the drive in Q and choose Properties then Recording tab and make sure that Enable recording on this drive is checked.

If no joy go back to Services and double click on IMAPI CD-Burning and click on Start service and try again.

If the disk is not a CD-RW you will not see that menu.

Have you tried burning something by right clicking on a file and sent to....the cd-rom
Thanks Bonk.

I had this same problem and enabling CD recording on this drive (an IOMEGA DVD burner) solved my erase problem.

All of the Microsoft help pointed me down the exactly same incorrect channel as Levmur.

I suspect that Microsoft have used the standard XP help files even though XP Pro is often very different.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Oldfogey

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online