can't find Critical Update Notification tool..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

holy_saiyan1

Being a Mozilla Firefox convert, the only times that I use IE 6.0 is when I have to use a website that does not work with Firefox 1.0PR, or with Firefox in general. The prime example of this, and the reason I'm having to write this plea for help, is Windows Update (www.windowsupdate.com).

Whenever I check for updates, it scans and lists the needed updates all right, but when the download dialog appears, nothing happens. Once, I had it work for almost 7 hours overnight while I slept and by the morning, nothing had download. It was still saying "Preparing to download." Perhaps IE is punishing me for switching? LOL Just kidding, although I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to do that to people who set a competitor's browser as their default.

So, now I get the list of updates that I need and download them from the Microsoft Download Center (www.microsoft.com/downloads). However, I would like to get the Critical Update Notification tool, but all the places that I've visited that talk about the Critical Update Notification tool say that it is only available off of Windows Update. Microsoft Downloads does not offer the CUN at all, at least not to any of my knowledge.

Can anyone help me?

Automatic Critical Updates are no longer supported in Win98.

And as far as I know the notification tool is only available from them.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/support/critical/default.asp

So it looks like the other problem will have to be resolved. I'm not the greatest at sorting out Winup problems and I'd suggest if you can't find a resolution in one of the articles I posted, you contact them for support through the specific support request link they provide for it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online