Cant Find Drivers for My CD-ROM Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

anil2709

When i first got my computer the drive worked fine, but since the first time i opened it, It stopped working. Anyway I found the problem (the cable had been damaged) and now the computer can see it but cant find any drivers for it.

Under drive properties it says the drivers are not installed code 28

I dont know the manufacturer of it either, the properties just say standard CD-ROM Drive

anil2709

Yes after a while it just says there was an unknown error with the installation, device may not work properly

Open up the device manager and open IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click the first entry (the controller) or just the channel if you know which one, and select uninstall. Reboot and Windows should install the drivers.

I would re-check the cabling. There's also a possibility that that drive got damaged when the cable was broken.
You could try again by (in Device Manager) right-click and uninstall the drive and restart the computer.
You could also try this:

Copy the code below into Notepad and save as drive.reg making sure the default .txt extension doesn't appear in the file name (Save as type => All Files). Double-click on the .reg file to Merge the contents:

Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

anil2709

i uninstalled it and restarted my computer and after trying to install it said cannot install this hardware because its Not digitally signed or not signed in the appropriate manner.

What the hell does that mean?

Could be the firmware is wonked. What's the make and model of the drive? There may be a firmware download forit.

There is a piece of software out there called Driver genius that will search and download all missing or damaged drivers for you PC

Good luck

just like to say theanks to peterdiva for his advice . worked for me . drive working again alsothanks to claymore
cheers
bash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online