Can't find file ijuv_32dll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sambridey

Hi,
I'm on windows 98se. I am trying to download my video from my camcorder to my computer. I have installed the IEEE1394 firewire and according the their instructions it is installed correctly as it shows up under systems devices. I also bought a 3rd party program called movies on cd & dvd 3.0 by Magix and have installed this as well. When I hook up my firewire to my camcorder, Magix tells me to install the windows 98se disk so it can get the file iyuv_32dll from it. It then says that it cannot find the file, and so cannot finish setting up the program. It seems that particular file should be on the windows disk at the address (I believe) d:\windows\system\precopy\ijuv_32dll I have tried both c and d drives to no avail. If I continue anyway, the program says it cannot connect to my selected device. What can I do? Where is this file?

Michelle:confused:

also, on another note. Can I open xls extension files in windows 98se? How?

To keep things (relatively) simple, I downloaded the file you need from this website:

http://www.dll-files.com

This is the page where it is located:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?iyuv_32

This is the direct link to download the file from:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/download.php?iyuv_32download0UFiWEVFiQ

The problem is, that .DLL file is "zipped", which means it is compressed to make it smaller and easier to download, and you would need an unzipping utility in order to uncompress it and make it usable. Win98 does not have a built-in ZIP / UNZIP utility, I don't know if YOU have one on that system, and I don't know if you know how to use it to unzip a file...

So, I downloaded the iyuv_32.dll zip file to my system, then scanned it for problems (a hidden virus, malware, spyware, etc.); nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell. I've unzipped it, so you won't have to, and I've attached it to this post.

I renamed the file from iyuv_32.dll to iyuv_32.doc, so you will have to change the extension back to .DLL from .DOC after you download it to your system. Otherwise, it won't work; Windows will see it as a .DOC (document) file, and not as a .DLL file. Once you rename it, it will be ready to use.

All you have to do now in order to use it is to right-click the attachment, then choose the "Save As..." (or "Save Target As...", or whatever the "Save..." option indicates; the wording varies from one browser to another), and save it to your computer. You should probably save it to your Desktop, so you can find it easily, then copy it into the Windows\System folder. Once you've done that, run the Magix program again, and if it asks for the file, you can enter the proper path so Magix can find it. Of course, if you copy that .DLL file into your Windows\System folder, the proper path is most likely to be:

C:\Windows\System\

The Magix program might NOT need to ask you where the file is located, because it might automatically look in the Windows\System folder, and find it without a problem. Give it a try, once you save the file to your system, then copy it to the Windows\System folder.

To answer your other question, .XLS files are created by the Microsoft Excel program (which might be on that system as one component of Microsoft Office or Microsoft Works), which is a spreadsheet (accounting) program. You can open them simply by double-clicking them IF Excel is already installed on the system, which seems most likely. Double-clicking any .XLS file should make Excel open the .XLS file automatically. If double-clicking the file DOESN'T open it, you will need to download a file from Microsoft which is a VIEWER for .XLS files. You won't be able to make any changes to the file, but you should be able to open the file, print it out, and read it.

See this page for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273711

You can download the Excel viewer program through a link on that page, but there is a NOTE with a special warning that you should be aware of:

"Note If you already have a full version of Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, do not install Microsoft Excel Viewer in the same directory. Doing so causes file conflicts. The default folder location in the installer is c:\Program Files\Xlview."

Good luck with this; let us know if you have any questions, or need more help...

Attachments

sambridey

I saved it to my desktop. When I right click to Save as, it is still in the "wordpad" mode and so it will not give me an option to save it as a .dll file. Am I doing something wrong?

sambridey

I saved the file to my desk top and then put it into my Windows\system\precopy file, but it still acts like a doc file even though I changed the name to iyuv_32.dll it actually shows up as iyuv_32.dll.doc. file. What am I doing wrong Sammy?:confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts