1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't find files - Data still shows under drive properties

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jwheelersears, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwheelersears

jwheelersears Thread Starter

I have a older WD My Book drive for all of my music. I got a 2nd drive to back up all of my files. Copied folder over to new drive. All folders show up but folders are empty. When I go back to my old WD drive it shows 192GB being used but the music folder is empty when I open the folder.

How can I get my music back?

2. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    What operating system are you running?

On your old drive, is this just for backup on are you running an operating system off this drive?

You say 192GB is used on the old drive. When you right click on the music folder on the old drive, select Properties, how much data does it show as being used?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177826

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice