Can't find Japanese IME in keyboard settings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elliothobgoblin

Hi,
I am trying to locate the Japanese input method but cannot see it listed in the ' add input method options'

Can anyone help with locating it or letting me know if it's a downloadable.

I installed the Japanese language pack from windows update.

I don't know if this is related but also if I copy & paste Japanese text from an email (Thunderbird) into Adobe Illustrator is will display as this " ????????? " , if I copy it from google translate it also does the same.
Japanese will display in my browser, email, Adobe Illustrator.
I hope this is enough information.
Here is a screen shot

Thanks

Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6142 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230, 1536 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 300396 MB, Free - 214881 MB; D: Total - 399998 MB, Free - 247102 MB; M: Total - 476937 MB,

Free - 359399 MB; O: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 255371 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, EG43M
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

If your version of Windows supports it, language packs are available in the Windows Update applet in Control Panel under Optional Updates.

Japanese wll be listed under Keyboard settings now set for the language you are using in Region and Language Options.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online