1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't find MS access database

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nvb, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nvb

nvb Thread Starter

I am trying to install Outlook 2000. I get ..."Error 1919, error configuring ODBC data source, ODBC error 6, MS access database component not found in registry. Verify that the file MS access database exists and that you can access it." I have tried searching for this file with out luck. I have downloaded all XP updates. The "free" expert phone consultation that comes with certain services and hardwear, had me doing a lot of reconfiguring of my system to solve other problems. All kinds of things didn't work after that. I have finally managed to get every thing working again, but wonder if this is something else that the "expert" had me turn off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi nvb,I dont know if this will help,I found it during a search,
    This error is caused by missing operating system components on your PC. These components are required to connect to ODBC databases.

Resolution
    1. Download and install Microsoft Data Access Components v2.7 from Microsoft. Note that the download link is at the bottom of the Microsoft's web page.
    Download and install Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP3 from Microsoft. Note that the download link is at the bottom of the Microsoft's web page

And I think the place to go to for that is here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/Default.asp?contentid=28001860

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/125103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice