1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't find old outlook express profile emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by adamcp, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamcp

adamcp Thread Starter

Hi there,

I'm running Windows XP home edition, and in the past, we had 3 different profiles on it... so everytime you boot up, it gives you the option to select one of the 3 profiles...

But my brother bought a new computer about a year ago, so we removed his profile from the original computer... I used the standard Windows/Control Panel/User Account "delete account" option, which gave me the option to save the profiles "my documents" - which I did. So, all my brother's My Documents folder is still on my computer.

But now, my brother needs to check his old outlook express emails - but when I load up outlook express from MY profile, it doesn't show any of his emails... I thought maybe there would be an outlook express folder saved in his "my documents" folder, but I couldn't find one ...

So, my question is - is there a way to find his old emails? Are they still on my computer, or did outlook delete them when i removed my brother's profile??

Thanks a lot for your help, I really hope someone can help me!

I appreciate your time,

Adam.

2. inetbogey

inetbogey

you might try to logon as the administrator, Start/ right click My Computer/ explore.
    open the "c" drive/open "documents and settings"/Look for your brothers profile.
    if it is there, open it/ local settings/ Identities/outlook express
    the files should be there.
    you will have to open them with outlook express. they are .dbx files

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice