1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Find PC - Wireless Digital Picture Frame

Discussion in 'Networking' started by marley, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marley

marley Thread Starter

I bought the Kodak digital picture which supports wi-fi. I had no trouble connecting to my secured wireless network by entering the key, but when the frame scanned for my computer on the network, it couldn't find it. I have xp home on my pc. I'm running the windows firewall and file and print sharing has been selected as an exception. I also have adaware, norton anti-virus and spybot tea time running but that's about it.

I thought there was a setting on the computer that says, allow others to see me, but I can't find it.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What is the exact model of the picture frame? Maybe there's a clue in the user's manual...

Do you have file/print sharing enabled on the XP machine? Did you actually share the disk and/or folder you store the pictures in?

3. marley

marley Thread Starter

Kodak Easyshare EX811 - The user manual hasn't been that helpful at all. The frame and pc talk through windows media player 11, so I enabled media sharing in windows media player, but the frame doesn't show up in the device list, which I think is related to the frame not being able to find the pc on the network. Is there a general setting that says allow file/print sharing on XP?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice