1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Find Printers on Network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PV68, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PV68

PV68 Thread Starter

I have a Windows 8 computer that can only see one of the Lanier copiers on our network. I pinged 3 of our Laniers on the network but only one is coming up. I have no issues on our other computers (which are the same models and imaged the same), it only happens on this one computer. I have connected it to other ports but nothing changes. I turned off the firewall on the computer in case that was blocking it but that changed nothing. I have also checked the Laniers to be sure they where not blocking any IPs.

I have searched the internet for any similar issues but can't seem to find anything quite like this...yet. I have also discussed this with my IT Manager but he can't come up with a reason for this ether.

So I thought perhaps someone here could give me some suggestions or ideas of what might be going on.

Thank you for your assistance!

PV

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Are you using a print server or are the printers just plugged in as individual devices and configured manually? Can you provide the IP and Subnet for the PC and the printers it cannot connect to?
    Also please run tracert from both this PC and one that can connect see if there are any differences (of course there will be, but the overall path is what we are looking for)

3. PV68

PV68 Thread Starter

So as I was working to answer your questions and I did notice that the Laniers did not all have the same subnet. Once I changed it I was able to ping it from the computer in question. The strange thing is that all the other computers do not have any issue regardless of the subnet. Do you have any idea what this would be??

And thank you for steering me in the right direction, also thanks for your quick response! I look forward to telling my boss lol.

4. CleaverX

CleaverX

Unless I had a complete diagram of your network and devices I could not tell. Good job fixing this issue though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice