Can't find recovery environment

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

akselfa

Hi!

I tried everything that's out there of information. I've downloaded Windows 10 installation media tool on my flash drive and it was succesfull. The weird thing is that when I now try to reset it still says "Can't find recovery environment". It seems like it can't connect to my flash drive for some weird reason. Please help!

Thanks

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
you do not download the media creation tool to a flash drive
you download it to a computer and then with a flash drive connected you click the usb option on create installation media

However you should not nned it for a recovery as windows 10 keeps a copy of windows for the purpose of reset, but either that is missing or it is because you are trying the wrong way
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

It would be of great help if you told us what the problem is, so that we can offer better advice, a reset might not be necessary

akselfa

I bought the PC and would really like to just start out fresh. At the same time I can't use the search button on the left side of the PC and it's really annoying. Tried everything for that as well looking at alot of YT videos. So now I would just like to reset the whole thing and start over :)

akselfa

Thank you so much for helping! To be clear, this i exactly what I did. I installed the information on my USB and all the files are there. Think there was a misunderstanding in that I put the installation file on the USB but I installed it correct. But for some reason when I'm gonna reset the PC it still says "Can't find recovery environment" even though my USB with all the information is connected.

akselfa

But I followed your link and downloaded the software on my USB one more time just for the sake of it :)

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not know if there is a confusion here
You do NOT download the software onto the usb
You download the media creaton tool to the computer
When you have the media creation tool on the computer you then run the tool and select the option to make the usb

Using the tool to create installation media:

1. Select Download tool now, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
  2. If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
  3. On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
  4. Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
Select which media you want to use:
  • USB flash drive. Attach a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.

1. Attach the USB flash drive or insert the DVD on the PC where you want to install Windows 10.
  2. Restart your PC.
    If your PC does not automatically boot to the USB or DVD media, you might have to open a boot menu or change the boot order in your PC's BIOS or UEFI settings. To open a boot menu or change the boot order, you'll typically need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC. For instructions on accessing the boot menu or changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer's website. If you do not see the USB or DVD media device listed within the boot options, you may need to reach out to the PC manufacturer for instructions for temporarily disabling Secure Boot in your BIOS settings.
    If changing the boot menu or order doesn't work, and your PC immediately boots into the OS you want to replace, it is possible the PC had not fully shut down. To ensure the PC fully shuts down, select the power button on the sign-in screen or on the Start menu and select Shut down.
  3. On the Install Windows page, select your language, time, and keyboard preferences, and then select Next.
  4. Select Install Windows.

akselfa

Yes what you're describing is exactly what I did. I downloaded to tool program the runned it and selected my USB port. The problem I have is that my PC does not automatically boot to the USB or DVD media so I have no idea what to do next.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Restart your PC.
If your PC does not automatically boot to the USB or DVD media, you might have to open a boot menu or change the boot order in your PC's BIOS or UEFI settings. To open a boot menu or change the boot order, you'll typically need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC. For instructions on accessing the boot menu or changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer's website.
If you cannot get any further with it post the make and fulkl model of the computer and then I can advise on which key to press for the one time boot menu, but often on the first screen it will say press F? etc for boot menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online