Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't find 'Scanner and Camera Wizard' in my xp

14K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  orbliveguy 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I went to Start--->Programs--->Accessories and there isn't the 'Scanner and Camera Wizard'.
I've also tried to search it and the search found nothing.

What can I do?

Tnx in advance! :D

#3 ·
ok, tnx for the reply...
i've tried to do what you said and the result was "There is not scanner or camera connected... "
But I don't understand one thing - i've got 2 more computers at home with win xp that are not connected to a camera or scanner, and i have the 'Scanner and Camera Wizard' under Start---> ....

Is there an explanation?

#4 ·
Hi, that shows the wizard itself has not gone missing, It could just be that somebody removed the shortcut from your machine? I'm not actually at a windows machine and cant remember if it's a default shortcut.

You can re-create the shortcut by pointing at the executable above.

Cheers
Posted via Mobile Device

#8 ·
I too have the same issue that the camera wizard is empty in the control panel and does not automatically pop-up when I plug in my camera like it used to. I recently (5 days ago) removed the Total Security/Antivirus Pro_2010 virus with AVG, combofix, and MBAM. The virus seems to be gone but I noticed that when I do a scan with Avast it comes up with 44 files that it is unable to scan: "The system cannot find the specified path". The files are all located in WINDOWS\ and most of them have duplicate file names at the end of the path ie. WINDOWS\addins\addins. I also see that one of those files says "connection wizard" in it. When I go to my C: drive under the listed file paths there is no file/folder. I'm assuming this is all tied to this virus. How do I find out where those files are or went to fix these issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.