1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't find "Sound, Video, and Game controllers in device manager vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m21out, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. m21out

m21out Thread Starter

I have a compaq presario f700 with windows vista home basic 32 bit with SP 2 and my sound doesn't work. A common fix I've heard of is going in the sound video and game controller section of device manager and uninstalling and then wait for windows to detect my audio device again so it can reinstall. The problem is there isn't a sound video and game controllers section in my device manager. I want to know why so I can have my sound fixed. My sound driver is a Conexant driver.

2. replay

replay

3. m21out

m21out Thread Starter

4. replay

replay

on left hand side "download drivers" find model no'........... download audio driver to desktop.......then double click and follow directions

5. m21out

m21out Thread Starter

There are four different F700 models. How Do I find out which one is mine? I can't find this info anywhere on my computer.

6. replay

replay

7. m21out

m21out Thread Starter

8. replay

replay

u need to find the exact model no' of your computer.... u could try a "windows update" maybe it will pick up your audio driver

9. K7M

K7M

The model for a HP laptop is usually on the bottom on a white service tag.

10. m21out

m21out Thread Starter

Thanks i think I found it. F763NR.

11. m21out

m21out Thread Starter

I tried to install but it said "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver" For some reason there was a double space in the error message between the and device.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice