1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't find Tools tap in outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jlowe51, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlowe51

jlowe51 Thread Starter

Finally broke down and bought a new computer running Windows 7 on it. Got office with it along with Outlook. Following instructions found at
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/import-your-messages-or-account-from-outlook-express-to-outlook-HA010079919.aspx but when I get to the part to where I need to load it onto my new Outlook it’s telling me to click on the Tools menu, then click Options. I can not find the Tool tap anywhere in Outlook. In Outlook on my old computer at the top I have File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools and Help across the top. I don’t see any of these on the new outlook. Can you tell me where the Tools tap is. Thanks

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're probably running Outlook 2010 which doesn't use the old menu style in Office 2007. There's no "Tools" menu in 2010. I also don't see any reference to the Tools menu for Outlook in the article you posted. Those are Outlook Express references.

3. jlowe51

jlowe51 Thread Starter

Yes it is Outlook 2010. Do you know how to do it in Outlook 2010?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Do what? I don't see anything in the instructions you posted that reference the Tools menu.

5. jlowe51

jlowe51 Thread Starter

nder where it says "When Outlook and Outlook Express are installed on different computers" the part where your going to load in into the new OutLook it says'
    1. On the computer where Outlook is installed, open Outlook Express. If you are prompted to create an e-mail account, click Cancel.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    3. Click the Maintenance tab.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's referring to the Tools menu in Outlook Express. Since you can't have Outlook Express installed on Windows 7, you need instructions for migrating from Outlook Express on one computer to Outlook on another.

7. jlowe51

jlowe51 Thread Starter

Do you have a link for it? Thanks

8. jlowe51

jlowe51 Thread Starter

Never mind I found in on google. Thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008152