1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't find video device even though it's installed

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chatterjee, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chatterjee

chatterjee Thread Starter

Camera: Sony DCR TRV285e

I've recently bought a firewire card and now I'm trying to capture the video with Ulead Videostudio 8.But when I click the capture button it shows the following error.Please see the screenshot:

Attached Files:

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

Boy you have no luck...... Does the cam show up in my computer? What about the firewire card does it show up in device manager?

I know my capture software can sometimes be picky about the way I launch it or the cam. I always launch the software thwn connect the cam and turn it on, works everytime. Also make sure you have it VCR mode, you may also have to enable DV out in the cams menu.

3. chatterjee

Sorry,for misinforming you by the line "even though it's installed".When I posted this thread,the card wasn't installed properly.Then my vendor came and attached the card to a different slot.The card was detected but winXP couldn't install the required driver for it and showed an error message.Now my vendor has taken away the card to test it.Is there any driver that can be used to make this card work?

4. thecoalman

thecoalman

That would be impossible for me to answer or anyone else to answer without knowing the cards make and model. I haven't heard a of a firewire card that wasn't plug and play though.

5. chatterjee

I also knew that firewire cards were plug and play.But unfortunately I had the problem.

Well,Mr.Firewire,what's you enmity with me? :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/448614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice