1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant find webpage

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BumontheRun, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BumontheRun

BumontheRun Thread Starter

When i try to go to sites i get a popup that says it cannot find the site(such as www.microsoft.com). Though it doesn't happen all the time....but it makes me have to try a few times.

I am using mozilla firebird, but the same thing happens with ie. And i am on winxp pro.

Also under proxies its set to auto crap...

Any help?

2. BillC

BillC

I'm wondering if you may have some added junk on your machine causing this. Like unwanted BHO's, adware, and the like. One great little tool to get rid of that nasty CoolWabSearcher is CoolWebShredder. That ,of course, may not do the trick, but it won't hurt anything either.

Next I'd run the two best free programs to cure adware and spyware... Spybot Search & Destory and Ad-Aware. Make sure to update them before you run them.

This is a place to start and hopefully good will come out of it.

3. Corrosive

Corrosive

You could always post a HijackThis! log if you like. You surely know how much we love those cute little *.txt files, with their tiny BHO's and adorable registry values...

4. BumontheRun

i don't know how to do the hijack this log crap... and i have done the adaware and spybot before...the most they have found is a few regfistry things and some alexa crap...

5. BumontheRun

i tried that program...didn't find anything...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice