1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't find WMV extension in Firefox

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by explosivekenny, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. explosivekenny

explosivekenny Thread Starter

I cannot find the WMV extension when I go to:

Tools/Options/Content/File Types/Manage in Firefox. What do I do?

Please help! Thanks!

2. ljbirns

ljbirns

Are you trying to associate a downloaded WMV file with a specific program to open it ?
    If so go to Tools > Options > Downloads > Download Actions.

Lew

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

I don't see it in mine either, unless your having problems, I would leave it alone.

4. explosivekenny

OK. Thanks.

5. explosivekenny

The main reason why I'm asking this is because I used to be able to automatically launch the Windows Media Player(the player itself, not embedded) by clicking on the link on the web page. Somehow that stopped working in Firefox, while it still works with Internet Explorer.

It seems that there's no problem for me to play the embedded player in Firefox. I do not understand why I cannot find the WMV extension listed in 'Download Actions', when you go to Tools/Options/Content/File Types/Manage. WMA, WVX, WAX are all listed there, except WMV.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

I actually think they may have gotten rid of watching streaming media in WMP 11, besides the embedded players.

If your thread is solved, please mark your thread solved by selecting Mark Solved and clicking Perform Action in the Thread Tools at the top of your thread. ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!