1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't fine hardware...........

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by puter hater, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

I had to diconnect everything to the computer for a run to the shop. I have it back and plugged everything in. Now proir to unplugging everything every thing(hardware) was working fine. Now I plugged every thing back iin and the computer says found new hardware. Mainly my Win TV .(usb)It worked fine but now it can't fine it.. does that mean reenstall? Why does it do that if everything is there.......

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

puter hater
    There could be several reasons why Windows is not finding the driver sets for items previously installed before the repair at the shop. What exactly did they do at the shop with your computer and why did you take it in?

Dave

3. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

Nothing. He did nothing. When I took it to the shop it wouldn't do it.
    It wouldn't freeze up. It wouldn't make it funny noise. IT DID NOTHING. Go figure. But when I did bring it back up it hung up,wouldn't load windows. So I decided to try the mouse then the key board. Well I changed the mouse frist and it started right up and it hasn't froze yet.....
    Now he did put in my rewrite because I decided I didn't want to take the chance of messing things up.

<a href="http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=111836">post</a>

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

puter hater
    Unless the Tech had problems installing the CD-RW the installation normally would not interfer with any programs but we cannot discount that. Sometimes when the associated programs for hardware are installed then overwrite a file that is used by another item. At this point Win TV may have to be uninstalled and reinstalled to get it back online. Another very remote possiblilty is the PCI card for WinTV may of been shaken loose and will have to be reset.

Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!