1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't finish installing program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JPB, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPB

JPB Thread Starter

I installed a progam online and when it come s time to press finish it pops up "unable to find shell.dll" then "unable to execute the main problem" I'm using windows xp I tried to install it to the hard drive what am I doing wrong??

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

A search inicates one of 2 things - Try the DL again and if that doesn't work, you'll need to post a HiJack log.

3. J-Son

J-Son

if you look in your system32 folder in the windows folder you should see shell.dll (not shell32.dll but just shell.dll)

if you cant find it then your missing a file just search google for shell.dll missing file and you just download it and put it in your system32

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice