1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant fix INTERNET

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Mike1028, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mike1028

Mike1028 Thread Starter

Hey I need help, my mom has a desktop pc running on windows vista, it was running extremely slow, so she rebooted back to factory settings and now it doesnt connect to the internet, it shows it has connection, and it will connect to 3-5 sites but after few mins it will just stay loading and not work. It specifically doesnt go on to yahoo.com, i try msn.com google.com n then yahoo.com pops me an error with the internet and disables it. I've read other post about the CMD prompt, and resetting winsock and ipv4 and ipv6, i've tried that and its the same thing over and over, can someone please assist me please, thank you...

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can you explain what she did to achieve this ?

you may need to update the adapter drivers

make and exact model of the pc and what windows version

3. Mike1028

Mike1028 Thread Starter

She rebooted to factory settings, she did the whole shut down pc, held F8, and when the screen came up she selected reboot to factory settings, she saved her pics n important stuff to a portable HDD, and hasnt even put the stuff back, the internet just wont allow to get back on... Its a Dell Intel processor i believe, and its Windows Vista.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Normally you would also need to install the network adapter drivers
    but you say
    and in post 1
    on the machine will be a service tag number - can you post that here

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If it's a Dell brand computer, it'll have a 7-character "service tag" number on one of the stickers.

Advise what that number is so we can find the support and drivers site for it.

--------------------------------------------------------

6. Mike1028

Mike1028 Thread Starter

The only 7 character number on the sticker i see goes as
    CVQHWD1

Label also has it Windows Vista Home Premium OEMact, incase you need that, thanks guys, i really appreciate effort in helping...

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to service tag number CVQHWD1, that computer is a Dell Dimension 9200 desktop.

This is the support and downloads site that's specific only to that desktop.

I suggest you add and save this site in the browser favorites/bookmarks list so it can readily be referred to when needed.

According to its system configuration section, it was purchased in October 2007.

Here is the Windows Vista driver for the Intel 825xx gigabit ethernet device.

Download and save it, then close all open windows first, then install it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice